Are you the next Gull Athlete?
We’re on the hunt for an ambitious individual to join our team of Gull Athlete champions. Can you showcase personality, passion, vision and a true love for your sport? Show us with a short video* and fill out the official entry form below before 11.59pm on 6 October, and you're in to win!
*Your video must be original and compiled/edited for the purposes of entering the competition, between 15 seconds - 3 minutes long. Check out the Video Entry Tips video and Judging Criteria below, to ensure your entry is the best version possible that you can submit.
Up for grabs:
- The chance to be a part of the Gull Athlete Programme.
- $1,000 cash prizes awarded to finalist entries.
- Spot prizes for our favourite video submissions (announced on our Facebook page during the promotion period).
Important entry info:
ATHLETE SELECTION PROCESS
Your entry will be judged by Gull, based on our judging criteria and terms and conditions. If you make the shortlist, you'll be awarded $1,000 cash and possibly contacted to discuss the next steps toward a potential Gull sponsorship.
What we look for in a Gull Athlete:
- A Gull personality: You're maverick, yet genuine. High performance, yet humble.
- Up-and-coming in your field: You're starting off, with great potential to succeed.
- On a mission: You've got serious goals in mind and a personal best to achieve.
- An understanding of sponsorship: It's a business deal. You help us, we help you.
- An engaged social media presence: Active, on-brand, professional and a following to back this up.
- An individual who is preferably 18 years and above and has completed their high school years. We require a level of maturity and independence from a Gull Athlete, who acquires business acumen, especially when contracts, invoices and communication come into play.
Your video will be judged on:
Skill: Show us why you're best at what you do!
Creativity: Three minutes is all it takes to share how creative you can be.
Footage: We want to see something that is raw, original and personal.
Humour: We're always up for a laugh and some good banter.
Good character: Gull Athletes are professional on and off the field. Do you tick that box?
Your video must:
Include you of course!
Display your skills in your chosen sport.
Be original and compiled/edited for the purposes of entering the competition.
Be short - 15 seconds to 3 minutes long.
Have approval by anyone present in the video.
VIDEO ENTRY TIPS
- Pick up your smartphone: You don't need to use pro gear to make awesome and professional looking video.
- Talk to the (selfie) camera and introduce yourself: What's your name? What's your sport? What's your main goal?
- Impress us with your achievements: Comps you've won, records you've broken, or moves you've mastered.
- Show off your skills: Cut in some footage of you training or competing. Just make sure you have permission to use this.
- Finish your video: There are loads of apps available to help you edit, add music and turn your footage into a video that'll knock our socks off!
- Be safe: Please be careful and don't endanger yourself.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You must be a New Zealand resident to enter.
- We'll retain any footage you upload and it may be included as a part of this and future Gull marketing campaigns but never in a way that we think is embarrassing or defamatory to you.
- The main prize is $1,000 to each of our shortlisted entries, and if we really like you, we'll chat further about a potential sponsorship deal. The sponsorship isn't a guaranteed prize.
- We'll send you the occasional promotional email. You can unsubscribe from this service at any time.
- Entries close at 11:59pm midnight on 6 October, 2019.
Entry form not working?