Submissions have now closed.
Are you the next Gull Athlete?
We’re on the hunt for an ambitious individual to join our team of Gull Athlete champions. Can you showcase personality, passion, vision and a true love for your sport? Show us with a short video* and fill out the official entry form below before 11.59pm on 6 October, and you're in to win!
*Your video must be original and compiled/edited for the purposes of entering the competition, between 15 seconds - 3 minutes long. Check out the Video Entry Tips video and Judging Criteria below, to ensure your entry is the best version possible that you can submit.
Up for grabs:
- The chance to be a part of the Gull Athlete Programme.
- $1,000 cash prizes awarded to finalist entries.
- Spot prizes for our favourite video submissions (announced on our Facebook page during the promotion period).
Important entry info:
ATHLETE SELECTION PROCESS
Your entry will be judged by Gull, based on our judging criteria and terms and conditions. If you make the shortlist, you'll be awarded $1,000 cash and possibly contacted to discuss the next steps toward a potential Gull sponsorship.
What we look for in a Gull Athlete:
- A Gull personality: You're maverick, yet genuine. High performance, yet humble.
- Up-and-coming in your field: You're starting off, with great potential to succeed.
- On a mission: You've got serious goals in mind and a personal best to achieve.
- An understanding of sponsorship: It's a business deal. You help us, we help you.
- An engaged social media presence: Active, on-brand, professional and a following to back this up.
- An individual who is preferably 18 years and above and has completed their high school years. We require a level of maturity and independence from a Gull Athlete, who acquires business acumen, especially when contracts, invoices and communication come into play.
Your video will be judged on:
Skill: Show us why you're best at what you do!
Creativity: Three minutes is all it takes to share how creative you can be.
Footage: We want to see something that is raw, original and personal.
Humour: We're always up for a laugh and some good banter.
Good character: Gull Athletes are professional on and off the field. Do you tick that box?
Your video must:
Include you of course!
Display your skills in your chosen sport.
Be original and compiled/edited for the purposes of entering the competition.
Be short - 15 seconds to 3 minutes long.
Have approval by anyone present in the video.
VIDEO ENTRY TIPS
- Pick up your smartphone: You don't need to use pro gear to make awesome and professional looking video.
- Talk to the (selfie) camera and introduce yourself: What's your name? What's your sport? What's your main goal?
- Impress us with your achievements: Comps you've won, records you've broken, or moves you've mastered.
- Show off your skills: Cut in some footage of you training or competing. Just make sure you have permission to use this.
- Finish your video: There are loads of apps available to help you edit, add music and turn your footage into a video that'll knock our socks off!
- Be safe: Please be careful and don't endanger yourself.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You must be a New Zealand resident to enter.
- We'll retain any footage you upload and it may be included as a part of this and future Gull marketing campaigns but never in a way that we think is embarrassing or defamatory to you.
- The main prize is $1,000 to each of our shortlisted entries, and if we really like you, we'll chat further about a potential sponsorship deal. The sponsorship isn't a guaranteed prize.
- We'll send you the occasional promotional email. You can unsubscribe from this service at any time.
- Entries close at 11:59pm midnight on 6 October, 2019.