We are committed to fueling the mission of Kiwi motorists. We're a brand built by people, for people, and we take pride in challenging the status quo and set out to achieve what the others won’t do.
We think the digital presence is a great way to interact with our customers and our social media accounts are generally 'manned' during normal office hours, Monday to Friday, but we know you use our services 24 hours a day, so please feel free to post a comment or send through a message when you like.
We operate the following social media accounts, which these guidelines apply to:
We promise to adhere to the guidelines of the social media channels that we use, and aim to reply to you in a timely fashion. If you ever feel that we are not meeting these guidelines, or that you are not satisfied with our updates or replies, please email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve any issues.
In return, we kindly ask that you respect the guidelines of the social media channels when interacting with us. Specifically, please be aware that we have a family audience and many of our fans view our social media accounts in an office environment. For that reason, we run a strong level of profanity filter, but it will never capture everything. Please refrain from posting anything that:
- discloses sensitive personal facts about an individual – another user, staff member, customer, or partner of Gull or of the brands we represent
- is threatening, intimidating, menacing, offensive, abusive, defamatory, or obscene
- is used to harass an individual
- makes a false allegation
- contains a matter that is published in breach of confidence
- is spam, fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading
- is in violation of another's intellectual property right or any law or regulation
- denigrates an individual by reason of their colour, race, ethnic or national origins, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability
- promote solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial or commercial organisations
- is off-topic, repetitive and copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users
We are not responsible for the personal, political, organisational or religious beliefs of our friends, fans or followers across all social networks.
People that post material or share links outside of these guidelines might be blocked by automatic profanity filters or have their comments removed. Repeat offenders, or if the first offense is serious enough, may be banned or blocked from our social media accounts. Please don’t be offended if we decide to hide or delete comments on our public page or ban offensive followers. If you feel that you have been banned unfairly, please contact us.
Any promotions run on our Facebook Page are in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. During a promotion, any information that you provide is provided to Gull New Zealand, and not to Facebook. The same also applies to any promotions run on any of our other social media channels.
We ask you for your help in creating a community that is fit for all ages, both at home and in the office.
In 2015, The Harmful Digital Communications Act released changes - a subpart or Part 2 of the Legislation Act 2012. It provides guidance on social media, which means companies could be liable for any comments posted on their pages that are untrue or offensive. We reserve the right to remove any posts or comments that we think (in our discretion) could be viewed in this way. You can access the Act here.
If you think we’ve missed something, or if you have any other concerns about something posted on our social media accounts, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org to alert us and we will address the issue.