Social Media at Gull
In a marketplace dominated by the big guys, we offer New Zealand motorists choice. Choice in fuel prices, choice for independent businesses and choice for the environment. We care about you, we care about our country and we care about fuel.
We think social media is a great way to interact with our customers so we’re keen to hear your thoughts, comments, and feedback about Gull and our industry.
We operate the following social media accounts, which these guidelines apply to:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/GullPetroleumNZ
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/GullNZLtd
- Instagram: @GullNZ
Our social media accounts are generally 'manned' during normal office hours, Monday to Friday. But we know you use our services 24hrs every day, so please feel free to post a comment when you like.
We promise to adhere to the guidelines of the social media channels that we use, and aim to reply to you in a timely fashion. If you ever feel that we are not meeting these guidelines, or that you are not satisfied with our updates or replies, please email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve any issues.
In return, we ask that you also respect the guidelines of the social media channels when interacting with us.
Specifically, please be aware that ours is a family audience and many of our fans view our social media accounts in an office environment. For that reason, we run a fairly strong level of profanity filter but it will never capture everything.
Please refrain from posting anything that:
- Disclose sensitive personal facts about an individual – another user, staff member, customer or partner of Gull or of the brands we represent
- Is threatening, intimidating, or menacing.
- Is offensive, abusive, defamatory or obscene
- Is used to harass an individual
- Makes a false allegation
- Contains a matter that is published in breach of confidence
- Is spam, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading
- Is in violation of another's intellectual property right or any law or regulation
- Denigrate an individual by reason of his colour, race, ethnic or national origins, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial organisations
- Off-topic posts by a single user
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users.
In 2015, The Harmful Digital Communications Act released changes - a subpart or Part 2 of the Legislation Act 2012. It provides guidance on social media, which means companies could be liable for any comments posted on their pages that are untrue or offensive. You can access the Act here http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/2015/0063/latest/whole.html. We reserve the right to remove any posts or comments that we think (in our discretion) could be viewed in this way.
If you think we’ve missed something, or if you have any other concerns about something posted on our social media accounts, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org to alert us and we will address the issue.
People that post material or share links outside of these guidelines might be blocked by automatic profanity filters or have their comments removed. Repeat offenders, or if the first offense is serious enough, may be banned or blocked from our social media accounts. If you feel that you have been banned unfairly, please contact us.
We are not responsible for the personal, political, organisational or religious beliefs of our friends, fans or followers across all social networks.
Any promotions run on our Facebook Page are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. During a promotion, any information that you provide is provided to Gull New Zealand, and not to Facebook. The same also applies to any promotions run on any of our other social media channels.
We ask you for your help in creating a community that is fit for all ages, both at home and in the office.